Great Reasons to Buy Tax Time Savings Bonds
There are a lot of great reasons to buy U.S. Savings Bonds at tax time.
- You do not need a lot to get started — start with as little as $50. Use just part of your tax refund to start saving.
- It is simple at tax time. Just select the amount you want saved from your income tax refund and you’ll receive your bond in the mail.
- Earn interest. Your money starts growing immediately.
- Bonds are safe. Bonds will never lose value and they are backed by the U.S. Government.
- No fees. There are no fees to buy or cash in your bond.
- Money for the future. You help your loved ones live their dreams when you buy bonds.
- Gift savings to your loved ones. Bonds can be purchased in someone else’s name – so you can help jumpstart the savings and dreams of the people you care about.
Ask your tax preparer to help you save with tax time savings bonds.
Savings bonds grow in value as time goes by.
Buy a bond this tax season, a bond every tax season.
Over time, the money adds up.
“Purchasing bonds for my children is a great way to secure their future financial independence” – RM
“I bought a savings bond because it was the easiest way for me to save” – Roger
“I buy bonds as a way of savings for my children and grandchildren that could be used for their college education.”
“I got it for me, because why not? It’s like a little investment that you can just sit on for like 30 years.”