Buying Tax Time Savings Bonds is Easy
You can buy a tax time savings bond with your tax refund. You can buy a bond for as little as $50.
- Ask your tax preparer how to save with Tax Time Savings Bonds. If you are doing your taxes on your own, just follow the directions and make sure to use Form 8888 to save a portion of your refund with bonds.
- Decide how many bonds you want to buy (up to 3), and choose how much you want to invest in each bond.
- Gift a savings bond to your loved ones. You can write their name on Form 8888 when you place your bond order and help them save.
- After you file your federal taxes, the amount you save with bonds will be deducted from your income tax refund and you’ll get your paper bond in the mail in 3 to 5 weeks. The bond will come to the address on your tax return.
- Investing in dreams is as simple as that.
Outside of tax time, you can also buy bonds at www.treasurydirect.gov.
Ask your tax preparer how to save in tax time savings bonds.
Use Form 8888 to save with bonds at tax time.