Saving is Hard. Bonds Make it Easy.
Join In and Spread the Word!
(Like our widget? Take a look into our Social Media Toolkit for ways to spark the campaign!)
Our community partners get it. While many working Americans would like to increase their financial security, doing so can be a significant challenge and even more so in the current recession. Building savings is key to helping families ensure a more financially secure future. And, savings help ensure that dreams come true. But savings is hard.
An exciting new savings opportunity is launching this tax season: the ability for all taxpayers to save a portion of their tax refund into U.S. Series I Savings bonds directly on the tax form. The Tax Time Savings Bond Campaign promotes saving a portion of one’s tax refunds in U.S. Savings Bonds. For as little as $50, all Americans now have a simple, secure way to put a little money aside and watch it grow over time. The opportunity gives taxpayers easy access to a saving opportunity for themselves and as gifts for their children, grandchildren and other loved ones.
Why Bonds? They are safe, simple, secure, and easily available to all taxpayers when they file their federal tax return. U.S. Series I Savings Bonds are protected against inflation, require no credit check, and are also available to ITIN holders. They pay interest for 30 years and are redeemable one year after purchase. There are no fees or charges.
For the past several years, Doorways to Dreams (D2D) has been helping organizations like yours encourage and help tax payers invest part of their refund in bonds. The Campaign has set the bold goal of having 50,000 taxpayers buy bonds this year and helping half a million tax filers save $25 million a year in five years.
That’s only possible with YOUR help. Here’s what you can do:
- Learn more about U.S. Savings Bonds by browsing the free professional learning resources on this site.
- Access our outreach toolkit to learn more information about the campaign and download templates of newsletters, press letters, public service announcements, and pitch letters you can use to spread the message about this new savings opportunity with your clients and members as well as your community.
- Download or order posters, tent cards, flyers and other materials and display them everywhere to promote tax time savings.
- Build awareness of this new savings opportunity with your staff, clients, members and broader community.
- Ask your clients if they want to buy bonds for themselves or someone else and tell them how. Remind your members and clients to ask their tax preparers how to save with bonds.
- Share this site with other community organizations, tax preparers, your clients and members, and anyone else who would benefit by knowing more about U.S. Savings Bonds and how easy they are to buy at tax time!
For additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.